July 5th, 2017
Happy New Year BGC Gators!
Hope everyone had a great 4th Holiday!
July's arrival signals the start of the UFAA's New Year with new Gator Club officers stepping into their duties and with planning starting in earnest for the coming twelve months across the Gator Nation.
Here in the Bluegrass our new BGC Board includes:
- our continuing President Kirt Lastinger,
- our new President-Elect Juliana Valencia,
- our continuing Secretary Charlotte Meyer,
- our continuing Treasurer David Hitt,
- our new Louisville Young Alumni Coordinator Omar Shatara,
- our new Volunteer Coordinator Carla Harris,
- our Assistant Treasurer/UFAA Exec. Director Tim Walsh, and
- former officers/Directors At-Large Bonnie Bloom, Kevin Euga, David Hitt, and Jessica Douberly Wilson
Everyone take an opportunity to congratulate and offer your support to your new Gator Club Board for taking on the challenge of leading our group in the coming year!
The new Board will be meeting in the upcoming weeks to plan a 2017-18 calendar that should include decidedly more opportunities to take part in your UFAA club in the coming year. With your support and participation we hope to offer every month events and activities of interest including both the familiar such as football and basketball game Watch Parties, and in addition, social outings, volunteering activities, and Young Alumni member social and professional gatherings.
To kick things off we are in the process of planning a cookout or picnic to bring together the entire membership - and those interested in joining (that includes you students and non-alum Gator Fans) - either later this month or in early August. Keep watching here and on our Facebook and other social media sites for more info on this, and come on out!
By the way, our leadership is still on the lookout for motivated members to help us out with our remaining Board offices. Failure to fill these roles does affect the Club's ability to take on opportunities for the membership. Here are the folks we are looking to add (could one be you?):
- Webmaster/Communications Vice President - taking charge of our website and social media outlets, helping the membership to better stay in touch with each other, the club, and its leadership,
- Athletics VP - taking charge of watch party planning, game trip planning, club ticket orders, athletic outings in Lexington and Louisville, and UF/NCAA compliance for the BGC,
- Scholarship/Academics VP - taking charge of planning for events and programs designed to help us fundraise for scholarships for future Gator students, one of the central missions of all UFAA affiliate Gator Clubs,
- Membership VP - responsible for efforts to attract new members, orient new members to their club, and assist existing members and the Board to support members' needs and requests, and
- Lexington Young Alumni Coordinator - bringing new Gators in the Bluegrass into the UFAA and showing them the benefits of active membership is fundamental to the future of the organization and its mission.
Hope to see you all enjoying your membership in the Gator Nation, UFAA, and the Bluegrass Gator Club in the coming year!
Bluegrass Gator Club